Known requires the following server components:
- A Web Server that supports URL rewriting (Apache + mod_rewrite recommended).
- If you are using Apache, you also need to make sure support for .htaccess is enabled (using the AllowOverride All directive).
- PHP 5.6 or above.
- MySQL 5+, MongoDB, Postgres or SQLite3. We recommend MySQL.
Known can either be installed at the root of a domain or subdomain, or in a subdirectory.
If you use Apache 2.4, you either must install and activate:
- mod_access_compat (see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_access_compat.html)
Or manually edit Known’s stock .htaccess file by replacing:
<Files ~ "\.ini$"> Order allow,deny Deny from all </Files> <Files ~ "\.xml$"> Order allow,deny Deny from all </Files>
<Files ~ "\.ini$"> Require all denied </Files> <Files ~ "\.xml$"> Require all denied </Files>
Additionally, Known requires the following PHP components:
- mongodb or mysql (depending on database backend)
Note that you may need to restart the web server after installing these components. Known’s installer will tell you if a required module isn’t available.
Known recommends the following extra server components:
- Linux or UNIX-based server
- mod_headers (see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_headers.html)
- A PHP accelerator like OPcache
- A secure certificate (so connections to Known can be made secure)