Upgrading Known is designed to be very simple.
- Take a backup of your Known directory and database.
- Overwrite your Known files except your upload directory and your config.ini file.
- Access your Known site homepage.
If you are upgrading from a significantly older version of Known, or if a config.ini file no longer exists in your installation directory, you may need to perform the following additional steps:
- Click on the set up button
- Enter in your database name, user name, host name and password
- Update the path for the "Uploads" folder. (It may automatically default to the proper path name, but double check it.)
- Hit enter and you'll be taken to your site.
Thanks to Chris Aldich for this point.